Noticed white ring around lips, told cause high estrogen levels. Never taken birth control pills. What is it?

I am 24 and had a facial consultation this past weekend. The esthetician noticed I had a white ring around the outside of my lips and said most likely it is from high levels of estrogen, such as someone on birth control or who has taken birth control in the past. Well I have never taken birth control and am now curious what this could be from? After she pointed it out, I have noticed that this doesn't go away.
Asked On : Fri, 26 Apr 2013