Noticed swollen lymph nodes on neck and painful itchy bumps. Also experiencing headache. Any recommendations?

I am a 42 year old woman. Yesterday the back of my neck (right side only) became very sore and tender to the touch. I discovered what I believe are swollen lymph nodes on the same side of my neck. I also discovered a line of painful bumps trailing up the right side of my head (directly above the swollen lymph nodes), which also were tender to the touch. It was difficult to sleep on my back because of the discomfort. This morning, the lymph nodes remained swollen, and the bumps began to itch , although it was painful to scratch . All of the bumps are in one area and seem to follow in a line. I also have experienced a headache for the past 2 days, although this is not uncommon, as I always have had frequent headaches .
Asked On : Thu, 28 Mar 2013