Noticed swelling, having pain in rib and upper abdominal area. What should be done?

Hello I have an odd mild pain/ itch on my left rib it extends to my upper abdominal area. My rib is abit swollen but itches more than it hurts. I can feel a long tight region to my left upper ab where the rib probably connects. It s just unusual I m not slim enough to feel my abs not sure if I strained or pulled something working out.
Asked On : Thu, 20 Dec 2012
Dear Friend, welcome to HCM.
It could be a sprained muscle if it is tender on pressure and may be helped by pain relief spray/ gel applied locally.
Is there any lump/ discolouration?
Do you have any sweating, nausea/ vomitting, burning in the chest?
If not relieved by simple pain killers, please see your doctor and may get USG done if advised.In this area, there are many differential diagnoses which can be evaluated only by actual physical exam.

Do not neglect if pain persists.
Take care and keep posted.