Noticed string attached in stool, have lupus, pregnant, hurts on sitting, pressured rib, told positional problem baby has

I just pooped. It had about a 2 inch string attached to it. What is this?

My medical hx: I have lupus. Am Pregnant. It hurts only when I sit down (my gynecologist said this is nothing to worry about and that its probably just my baby competing for space with uterus and that it is just a positional problem). I also have some pressure near my left rib.

Asked On : Sun, 21 Apr 2013
The passage of a string in the bowel movement is not related to pregnancy. It is most likely a dietary fiber or a thread like food material that you have consumed recently. The possibility of worms needs to be ruled out after a stool examination.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. You can consult me again directly through my profile URL
Dr. RakhiTayal