Noticed small red bump at shaft base. How can I treat the infection?

im 16 male, i noticed a small red bump at the base of my shaft it is not bothering me. Other then i don t know what it is. If you could help me tell me what it is and how to treat it if it is serious. i am a virgin and i noticed it after taken a shower at my friends house. I also used a new sponge and it was new and rough. im just worried that i got and infection or something from it.
Asked On : Sat, 16 Jun 2012
Welcome to healthcare magic,
Without an opportunity to see the lesion, I would not be able to accurately specify the condition. You can ask me a direct query by clicking on this link and then upload a photo so that I can diagnose the condition.
Dermatologist Dr. Rahul Kumar's  Response

You might have developed a molluscum infection.

It is a viral infection.

Treatment is removal with needle.

A photograph would have helped me in giving a closer diagnosis

Please meet a dermatologist for exact diagnosis.

Let me know if you have any other doubt.

you can ask a direct question to me on this forum, following the below link.

Wishing you a good health.
Thank you