Noticed red blotchy areas on top lid. Spreading to lower lips, throat feeling sore and swollen. What is it?

I noticed that just inside my top lip was red in blotchy areas and hurt. It looks like pieces of skin have peeled away in small patches . The next morning, it looks like it has spread to the inside of my lower lip , and again, small pieces of skin look to be missing. My throat also feels a bit sore/swollen, but I am not sure if that is related due to having that it occur a couple days before. I m worried; do you know what it is?
Asked On : Mon, 16 Jul 2012

It seems that you may be having stomatitis.

There may be some cause.

Vitamin and nutritional deficiencies,anaemia,immunocompromised conditions, viral diseases,drugs..may be responsible.

You consult dermatologist or oral surgeon.

Investigations may be done to find out the cause.

Oral vitamins,immunobusters,antibiotics..etc may be taken.

Betadine gargles may be done to improve oral hygiene.

Oral paste containing steroid may be helpful.

You may be improved.

I hope you got my answer.

Dr. Ilyas Patel MD