Noticed pink circular spots on pubic area after delivery. Spongy white stuff coming from it. Is this an infection?

I am a young female, who is engaged and hasn t had sexual activity in over 5 months. I had my daughter two months ago. A month ago the light pink circles appeared on my pubic area, right abut where the pubic symphysis comes together. The circles have gotten redder, and now there is this strange spongy white matter that comes off if I touch it and one of the larger circles has a red dot in the middle now . If I remove the white matter, the red ring and/or the red dot in the middle bleeds very little. They don t itch . I am panicking thinking this might be an infection from the hospital where I had my daughter -as there is NO other way I could have gotten an STD . Is this as serious as I think? What is it?
Asked On : Mon, 10 Sep 2012