Noticed mild notching of the left uterine artery. Caused by placenta or the uterine artery. Can this problem reoccur?

Hi, I'm currently 30 weeks plus 2 days pregnant with my fourth child. Besides having PIH with my first, which did eventually develop into early pre-eclampsia at 38 weeks (proteinuria, high BP, exaggerated reflexes), for which I was induced, my subsequent two pregnancies were completely normal. In this fourth pregnancy, there was mild notching of the left uterine artery which was noted at the 20 week scan. I have since been sent for a 25 week scan, a 29 week scan, both of which continue to show the presence of the notching. My BP remains fine, baby seems to be growing well, except for one tummy measurement measuring behind on the last scan, so I've been sent for another scan next week. My question is this: is this notching in the uterine artery being caused by the placenta or the uterine artery itself? And as such, can U expect this problem to present again in a subsequent pregnancy? Thank you.
Asked On : Mon, 29 Apr 2013