Noticed dry pealing skin with pus filled bump on leg. How to get rid of this?

my mother has what a large bump (what we thought was a boil ) on her leg, and in the last few days it has gotten much larger quicky. Today she noticed some dry skin and tried to peal it off. The bump started pooring out a black/grey thicker then puss substance and it wasnt stopping. She tried to squeeze to get some more out and eventually saw a small amount of blood and stopped squeezing. A couple hours later she went to change the bandage she put over the opening and more started pooring out. What should she do?
Asked On : Thu, 24 Jan 2013