Noticed breakthrough bleeding, taking Loestrin 24 Fe, Isagenix. Cause?

Good morning. I have been taking Loestrin 24Fe birth control pills for about 3 years. Previously I had been on Yaz. In the 11 years that I have taken birth control pills, I have never missed a pill. I am doing an 11 day cleanse with this product called Isagenix. Before starting, I spoke with a physician who used the product and he assured me that this would not affect my birth control pill. About 5 days into the cleanse, in which I drink a whey protein based shake twice a day ( B vitamins , lots of Calcium and Amino Acids in the shakes, also Fennel, Ginseng and Royal Jelly in the supplements ) along with one healthy meal. I noticed that I had a little breakthrough bleeding yesterday. I had one more pill left in the pack before the iron pill/placebo and my period was not supposed to start until Thursday night or Friday morning. This was the first time i experienced the bleeding. I am a little worried that the birth control pill may have lost some of its effectiveness while on this cleanse however because I have been having intercourse with my husband during the week. Do you know of the different natural supplements that can affect BCP? I have heard that fennel, ginseng, alfalfa, and royal jelly may effect them, but I can t seem to find any real evidence of this from credible sources online. Please help ease my mind if you can. Thanks
Asked On : Fri, 11 Jan 2013