Noticed blood after bowel movement, little constipated, undergone successful colonoscopy. Chances of cancer?

I am a 52 year old white male. I do drink alcohol socially although with the holidays upon us, I have been consuming more than normal but not at a volume that would cause concern. in the past few weeks I have noticed a small amount of maroon colored blood and it has a sticky appearance on the toilet paper when I wipe after a bowel movement . I have no pain. I do seem a little constipated but that comes an goes and is not bothersome...just an observation. I had a colonoscopy in May 2012 and other than a small amount of diverticulitis , the results were satisfactory. Question: What might be causing this symptom and should I be concerned that although I recently had a successful colonoscopy, could this be some form of cancer?
Asked On : Wed, 2 Jan 2013