Noticed black spot on toenail. Feeling sore. Serious? Melanoma?

Hi I had a tiny black dot under my tonail and it grew out of nail after a few weeks now. Today somehow I felt a sore sensation over the same spot after some exercise, and when I look at it , it appears to be another black dot over there again. I could almost be certain this just came out but don't remember any physical truma today (it could but again I don't recall the exact moment). It is a little sore when I pressure the nail on that spot.

COuld it be of more serious issue like melanoma?
Asked On : Mon, 1 Apr 2013