Noticeable lump on lower knuckle, seems to be growing. Does it require treatment?

I have a lump on the left lower knuckle. it first appeared as small as a pin head and has grown quite a bit in the last month since I first noticed it. It doesn t bother me unless I bump it by accident. it is very noticeable now by others so I didn t know if it is something that I need to have checked. Thank you, Kathy
Asked On : Sun, 30 Dec 2012
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
Feb 2014

Well, without a clinical evaluation it would be difficult to determine the cause of the lump. Possibilities that may need to be considered include enlarged bursa, lipomas, cysts, growths from underlying connective tissue etc.
I would suggest getting this evaluated by an orthopedician for an accurate diagnosis and appropriate management. You may get the X-ray of the area affected and FNAC (fine needle aspiration cytology) of lump under his/her guidance

I do hope that you have found something helpful and I will be glad to answer any further query.