Not responding to simple commands, fever after open heart surgery. Is it normal after surgery? Brain CT normal

my dad went on open heart sergery last tuesday now has passed 8 days and allthough doctors says that his body has fully recovered and his heart is doing as should when he wakes up he is not responding to simple commands and keeps moving his hands and feet ... and he has fever about 38C to 39C all the past week!! doctors say to us that is matter of time to start respond!! alla his organs are doing as should and the results of brain CT came out clean!!! plz tell me is this normal after a open heart sergery
Asked On : Sat, 9 Jun 2012