Not on periods due, get blood on wiping, nothing on tampon, no cramps, had blood traces during ovulation. Reason?

Hi there, I am not sure when I am due for my monthly. I believe in about a week, but this morning when I went to use the rest room, and wiped myself, I noticed a small drip of blood , but it was very faint. It was hard to notice at first, so I wiped again. And another drip appeared, then nothing. I then tried inserting a tampon but it came back clean, and no trace of blood. I have not been experiencing any cramps or anything like that. Also when I was ovulating, there was a bit of blood in that too, I know I should get tested, but I was trying to look online to see what other people think first?
Asked On : Thu, 15 Nov 2012
Spotting is sometimes seen at the time of ovulation and that is common. If there are no associated symptoms, there is no need for worry. If you are not on any type of contraception, your spotting has to be viewed with caution. Otherwise, it could be a cycle on the way. Anyway, you should see your doctor for further advice. Take care.