Not improving c-diff symptoms while on Metronidazole, uncomfortable while sleeping. Advised Tylenol with codeine. Will it help cure ?

I have c-diff at the moment, my symptoms don t seem to be getting better since starting an antibiotic on Wednesday of Metronidazole 500 mg 1 tab tid. I have an appt with a gastro dr next Friday morming, my stomach looks like I am 6 months pregnant. When I saw my pcp on Wednesday he said keep well hydrated and get plenty of rest. Anything I try to eat or drink comes out real quick, I can not sleep because I am so uncomfortable. I was given Tylenol 3 with codeine fot the pain which does not help at all. I have medical problems, ms, fibro, pacemaker, port fitted for DHE treatment 7_to 10 days each month, chronic pain . Should I be left like this to just let the medication to work or should I have seen a difference by now.looking fo free info.
Asked On : Wed, 27 Feb 2013