Not having periods, blood test showed underactive thyroid. Could this have stopped periods?

I used to get my period every 28days, lasting about 6 days. I have now not had a period for 6 months and am very worried. I have been to my doctor and had a blood test that showed my thyroid is slightly underactive but the hormone levels are normal. Could this have stopped my period and is there any way of getting them back? I m worrird this means I will not be able to have children in the futre. I am not on any birth control
Asked On : Wed, 23 May 2012