Not had unprotected sex. Done PAP smear and STD test. What could cause chlamydia test to be inconclusive?

I had a pap smear and std testing from the doctor and the chlamydia test came back with an inconclusive result. I went back today to have a urine test to check for chlamydia so I am waiting for the results to come back, but I have not had unprotected sex AT ALL in the last year and I have been checked at least 3 times in that time period. All other tests have been fine. My question is, what could cause a chlamydia test to come back inconclusive? I should also say that the doctor says that the results of the pap smear showed reactive cellular changes which she says is probably due to the fact that I had previously been having abnormal pap smears and that is my body healing . Is it possible that those cellular changes could have skewed the results of my chlamydia test?
Asked On : Tue, 13 Nov 2012