Not had period. Stressed. Why is there pink mucus discharge. What do you understand?

HI, I have been TTC for 7 months now after going off BC. I have not had a period for 2 months ( stress , death in family, seem to be the cause). I am pretty sure I ovulated approx 11 days ago though and for the past week now have been having light cramping, increased temperature (99), slight backache and dizziness . Have seen my doctor since and she told me to wait it out. Yesterday and today only after going to restroom I have noticed pink/red mucus when I wipe. Have taken a pregnancy test this morning and its negative. What gives?
Asked On : Sun, 5 Aug 2012