Not getting periods. Prescribed Althea pills. No help. Suggestions?

Hi Doc, It s my first time to take althea pills, i had finished the whole cycle (21 days). I still don t have my period til now and my 2nd round for taking pills will start in 2-days time. I m worried why this is happening. I took pills with the hope to regulate my period, I m already delayed for about 8 months now. Can yoou pls help me? Thanks,
Asked On : Thu, 14 Feb 2013
Mar 2014
You have waited for 8 months, wait for 2-3 more days, the periods will come.
I also suggest that you do a pregnancy test if there are no periods after 2-3 days to rule out pregnancy as sometimes there is irregular ovulation and pregnancy may occur even when women are not having periods.

It would be helpful to know why you started these pills. Have you been diagnosed with PCO or any other disorder? If you have not been evaluated get and ultrasound of the pelvis and a hormonal profile done to help determine the cause so that proper treatment may be decided.

Hope this was helpful. Do not worry. Have a good day!
Dr. Madhuri Bagde
Consultant Obstetrician and Gynecologist.