Not gaining weight even after having good amount of food

Im a 24 yr male of height 177cm but have only 52kg Im not gaining weight even after having good amount of food can u suggest me a diet plan?
Asked On : Mon, 11 Apr 2011
Hi there

What you can also try, in addition to the deworming medication the doc suggested, is the Herbalife nutrition program. This program will help you gain healthy weight without increasing your body fat.

The products I would suggest (depending on your location, of course) is the Nutritional Shake mix. You would have your normal 3 meals a day (keep it healthy, so lean meats, lots of colourful veg. Try baking or grilling instead of frying), and then you would follow up with a shake as dessert after each meal.

In addition to the shake i would recommend the additional Protein Powder, add that to your shake to supplement your protein intake.

Other than that, possibly the Cell Activator to round off your vitamin intake, and a good fibre supplement as we rarely get enough dietary fibre in our day to day lives.

If you have any more questions, please request a call/email from my website:

Thank you
Dietitian & Nutritionist Grace Abraham's  Response
Welcome to HealthcareMagic

According to your height and weight, your Body Mass Index (BMI) is 16.6 which is considered as underweight.Ideal body weight for your height should be between 70kg - 75kg. In order to increase your weight your diet should be high in protein which helps to increase the muscle mass and stamina in the body.Eating foods rich in protein includes whole pulses, legumes, milk products, soya products, peanut butter, nuts and dry fruits.Take foods like fruit milkshakes,dry fruit milkshakes, lassi, buttermilk, whole milk,Flavoured soy milk,tofu ( soy paneer ),groundnut chikki/ burfi, green banana and you can try using protein supplements like ENSURE or RESOURCE HIGH PROTEIN which can be taken along with milk twice a day.Try aviod taking junk foods like oily fried foods,highly saturated sweets, carbonated drinks and alcohol which will eventually suppress your hunger.Along with dietary modifications exercise is also a factor which has to be taken care and stay hydrated.Weight gain is a slow process and it needs patience in going forward with the diet.
General & Family Physician Dr. Rajesh's  Response
Sir, you are indeed a little underweight for your age and height, i would suggest you to take a tab albendazole 400 mg, tonight and then 200 mg after one week, this is deworming and if you smoke please stop it and eat lots of vegetables eat four times a day and you will find the difference.