Not able to locate the stone in the kidney stone surgery. Severe pain in the back and abdomen. Any suggestions?

I just had kidney stone surgery and they did not locate the stone. They believe I passed it prior to the surgery. I have had this same surgery two other times with no side effects. This time I am in extreme pain and it has been 4 days. My doctor said it is normal, however I have never felt like this in the past. I still have pain in my back and abdomen . Any suggestions as to why I feel like this?
Asked On : Mon, 10 Dec 2012