Not able to hear properly in right ear. Diagnosed as cold flu. Guidance?

Hi, i am not able to hear proper in my right ear, like i hear in my left..i can clearly know this when i listen music on headphones, when i listen with bother earpiece sound comes perfect but when i remuv left ear piece and listen with only on in right ear, i can easily know sound is not coming like its coming in left ear. I went to doctor.he said it is because of cold flue. but i am having problem since last 7 months.. Give me sone guidlines.
Asked On : Fri, 26 Apr 2013