Not able to eat. Had cancer in the throat. Cough and difficulty in swallowing. Will she able to eat again?

Doctor: I have a friend that had cancer in her neck 15 years ago. within the last 5 months she realized that she was having a problem swalling food ,she would cough and choke. since then they told her her that a flap in the back of her throat did not open and close properly ,due to the radiation that she had on the cancer. What ever she ate or drank went to her lungs. now she has a feeding tube in her stomach, Do you believe at some point in her life that she will ever be able to eat again. she is almost 78 years old. thank you sincerly virginia stoner Largo fl
Asked On : Sat, 27 Apr 2013