Nostrils split apart in winters, soreness and pain. Using bag balm for healing. How can this be cured?

Every single winter beginning about 6 or so years ago, my nostrils split right at the upper area - mostly my left nostril, but sometimes both. So, each night in winter when going to bed, I have to slather Bag Balm onto the splits in order to make them heal and to give me some relief or comfort because they re so sore - almost feels like a paper cut in the top portion of my nostril. Every time I blow my nose or need to use a tissue , I want to go through the roof. Now, this year, its happening all through the spring and I STILL have my left nostril split up to today (June 23rd). HELP! Why do my nostrils split and how can I stop this from happening? It hurts so much I d like to walk around with Bag Balm on it all day (obviously I can t do that).
Asked On : Wed, 27 Jun 2012