Nostril split. What can I do to prevent a scar from appearing? How long will it take to heal?

Hi, so 2 days ago I was at a punk show and a girl was thrown into me. the back of her head smacked into my face and we both fell down, i thought i was completely fine until my friend said you re bleeding! I ran to the bathroom and my nostril completely split. It is closing on its own and is no longer separated. I m really worried about a scar , what can I do to prevent a scar from appearing? and how long will it take to heal?
Asked On : Sat, 2 Mar 2013
Dec 2012

the best way to prevent an unsightly scar or reduce the cosmetic appearance of it is to do a good job caring for the wound. Use these three steps:
- Clean out a fresh cut or scrape: Soothe and clean the wound with cool water. Then remove any pebbles or splinters with alcohol-sterilized tweezers. Gently wash around the wound with soap and a washcloth.
- Keep it covered: Covering your cut or scrape helps it heal by barring bacteria, dirt, and other irritants
- Don't pick at scabs: If you pick off the scab, you may not only reopen the wound and introduce bacteria, you could also create a larger scar.
Even if you care for a wound perfectly, you may still end up with a scar. That's because some people are just more prone to scarring and some places on the body are just more prone to scars. A wound doesn't need to be deep or severe to leave a scar.
If you are so worried about scarring (and I know it is mainly cosmetic concern), then a plastic surgeon (even though very expensive) could work miracles and make your nostril as smooth as new.

Wish you all the best.