Nose is stuffed, cannot breath and ears popping. Had Septoplasty and Sinus surgery done. Normal?

I just has septoplasty & sinus surgery on Thursday . My doc did not use any packing and took my Stints out yesterday. Last night and all day today I m so stuffed up I can not breath through my nose and every time I swallow liquid or even my own saliva my ears start to pop and its very uncomfortable! I ve been doing saline washes every 2 hours and taking warm showers to help clear my nose up but it won t budge and I m starting to have cheek pain what can I do to relieve these symptoms and is this normal?
Asked On : Wed, 27 Feb 2013