Nose bleeding after drinking chocolate milk. Cause for nose bleeds?

I just turned 45 last week. For the past month I have noticed that whenever I drink chocolate milk I tend to get nose bleeds . I have recently increased my intake of milk to help with my calcium levels, and I just prefer chocolate milk. Until i started drinking more chocolate milk I had not had nose bleeds in years. I had them very often as a child. So often in fact that at one point doctors put me on iron meds for anemia and later vitamin K . As I said no nose bleeds until recently, but I ve even been waken during the night with a bleeding nose lately. That time it bled for an hour. It started bleeding from one nostril and ended up bleeding from both nostrils before I got it stopped an hour later. Any ideas on why this could be happening? Should I be concerned? I ve never heard of this before, but I do know that if I go a day or two with out drinking milk (especially chocolate) my nose does not bleed those days.
Asked On : Thu, 15 Nov 2012