Noodle like thing coming from baby's bum, family cat has worms. If the baby has worms can it be detected through stool sample?

About three weeks ago I was changing my babys pamper before bed. She didnt have a stool or anything, I was just freshing her up for bed. My family cat had the worms tapeworms and roundworms. I know that worms spread and how they spread. Anyhow when I was changing my baby I checked her bottom and there in her bum was something that resembled a noodle, it looked more round than flat but it was small on the round. It was the length of my little finger give or take. I took her to the clinic and the nurse said it didnt look like a worm. She sent the THING lol away and it came back 0 worms found. This is what bothers me. Ive never heard of noodles coming from your bum. So I got them to do a stool sample. They took to samples. If my baby has worms can they tell from a stool sample? If not what can I suggest they do next.
Asked On : Tue, 25 Sep 2012