Non union scaphoid fracture. Had injury previously. Unable to do exercises like pushups. Can improve with surgery?

I have a non union scaphoid fx. The original injury was a good 12-13 years ago. Ever since, I haven t been able to get into push-up position or walk on my hands. The clean & jerk is also quite painful. I was looking into having the surgery with a bone graft from the radius & screw placed. I do have some arthritis as well. I can get by, with the way it is right now, but really hoped to improve it with this surgery. I would love to be able to do the exercises I mentioned above without pain & diminished range of motion. Is this something I can attain with this surgery?
Asked On : Sat, 16 Mar 2013