Non-smoker, healthy, diagnosed with bacterial pneumonia, on strong antibiotics, infection not cleared. Recovery time?

Hello. I am a bit concerned about my brother, a healthy, fit and active 53 years old (non smoker) who has recently been diagnosed with bacterial pneumonia , which he supposedly got in Sri Lanka when he was on holidays for three weeks coming back home on 10 April. He was on strong anbiotics for a couple of weeks (set of three different antibiotics ) and still he is not doing fine. He has walking pneumonia and he says he is doing ok but... he hasn t left his house for four weeks now and despite all the antibiotics the infection hasn t cleared up completely yet. We live miles away from each other and we talk on the phone a good bit but we dont see each other that often... should I be worried my brother is still sick or is it normal to take that much time to recover from a walking pneumonia? thanks a lot for your comments.
Asked On : Thu, 17 May 2012