Non-itchy reddish bumps on the face and body. Fatigue. Allergy?

my husband woke up with small red bumps on his face, head, armpits, around the nipples, palms and soles of his feet . There are about 12 in his armpits and the are extremely sensitive, hot but not itchy at all. His hands are very sore and hard to make a fist. He cannot grip anything without alot of pain. His only other symptoms are extreme fatigue . My Son had the same exact thing happen about two weeks ago....exact same symptoms and bumps. I took him to the E.R. but they had no idea and said it could be an allergic reaction but the nurse thought it could be viral. Please help me find out what this could possibly be. Thank you for your help, Tami
Asked On : Mon, 25 Feb 2013