Non drug remedy for stress related high blood pressure?

Asked On : Fri, 18 Dec 2009

It is difficult to find out the exact cause of idiopathic hypertension. Stress and anxiety are only one of the many factors responsible for raised blood pressure. You can control your anxiety and stress by learning controlled breathing, doing Yoga and mild aerobics. Do keep on monitoring your blood pressure regularly to see how much it is helping.

I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.

Dr. Praveen Tayal
General & Family Physician Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta's  Response
Hello.Welcome.Reduction of weight,restriction of salt,avoiding junk foods,doing regular exercises,doing yoga and meditation are the non drug remedy for high blood pressure.Good luck.
Well getting rid of the stress in your life is the obvious answer, but how many of us can do that? Easy to say, not so easy to do. Exercise is one of the best. You don't need any fancy equipment or a gym membership. Just put on your sneakers and go for a walk. Also, get yourself a little fish tank. Sounds crazy I know, but watching fish is relaxing and has been proven to lower blood pressure. Also sounds crazy again, but get yourself a simple craft, like a paint by number (If your not artistic), or a model car or something. Art therapy is very relaxing. Good luck.