Non-displaced tibial plateau fracture, on hinged knee brace, have severe cramps on injured leg with lower back spasms. Normal?

I have a non-displaced tibial plateau fracture and am in a hinged knee brace. In 4 days, I will be at 4 weeks since my injury with no surgery needed. I have only had my initial visit to my orthopedic with my follow up on Monday. There was no talk (yet) of any soft tissue damage. I am experiencing severe cramps in my injured leg. My calf muscle cramps and my quads cramp up and I m having lower back spasms on that side as well. Is this normal?
Asked On : Tue, 9 Oct 2012