Non displaced tibial plateau fracture, Can you help me as to what I should do ?

I have been diagnosed with a medial tibial plateau nondisplaced fracture and have seen the specialist who recommended an MRI and a return visit in two weeks but my insurance company will not pay for it. I am on vacation and the insurance company will pay for me to fly home but I cannot do that as I drove down. I have been walking on the leg since the injury two weeks ago and do not know if I am doing further damage. The specialist did not advise me to stay off the leg but the insurance company is saying I should not be walking. Can you help me as to what I should be doing. Thank you. I am a 58 year old female in otherwise good health.
Asked On : Sat, 13 Feb 2010