Non displaced scaphoid fracture in wrist. How can I speed healing?

Hi, I´m a Swedish student and 2 weeks ago I broak my wrist . A . Now a have a cast and my doctor say 8-12 weeks. I´m 21 years old, good helth. What can I do to improve healing? Is it good to go out for a run to increase the blood flow? I never use my arm to do anything, just move the fingers and trying to keep the rest of the arm in shape. It still hurts if I try to do something with the hand .
Asked On : Sat, 28 Apr 2012
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
Scaphoid bone takes time to heal and you can not do much except to keep your fingers moving and your hand elevated. That will serve the purpose for the most part. I would also suggest you take calcium and vitamins and take good nutrition.Do not push your doctor for early plaster removal.