Nodules under skin on calves, toe feeling numb, no conclusive results with testing. What could it be?

I am 40yr old healthy female. 5 4 tall and weigh 122lbs. I have nodules under the skin in both of my calves. They have been reocurring in the Fall for the past 3 yrs and usually go away on their own sometime in January. My concern is that my Dr. can t figure out what is going on and has sent me to a rheamatologist. Still no answers, no conclusive results with testing. This year I am adding another symptom, my 2nd toe on each foot feels numb as the day wears on. I have had u/s in past on the veins in both legs, no obstructions have been found. Any ideas?
Asked On : Fri, 16 Nov 2012