Nodules in the thyroid glands. Nails have white appearance. Are these related? Normal thyroid levels

Some of my nails are pulled away from the nail bed and have a milky white appearance. My thyroid levels are in the normal range, but I have nodules on my thyroid glands which are being watched. I removed my acrylics a week ago. My nails would grow out lifting out then rip off. I was to my dermatologist today and he said if my thyroid levels are ok he didn t know what could be causing this. He took some of the nail and looked at it under a microscope and said he did not see any fungus. Do you think I should have more testing done on my thyroid glands? Thank you
Asked On : Fri, 22 Feb 2013