Nodule on eyebrow, swollen eye. Applying apple cider vinegar, cold compress. Causes for symptoms?

I have had a small nodule at the exterior end of my eyebrow. Now the whole eye is swollen. It thought it was a boil , so I tried to relieve some of the pressure by squeezing it then applying apple cider vinegar and an antibitioic cream to the area. I also took 2 ibuprofen to help with the pain. I applied a cold compress and will apply a warm compress in a couple of hours. I can still see through the eye and I don t beleive the swelling is pushing on any nerves. What coupld be the cause of this?
Asked On : Mon, 17 Sep 2012