No signs of breathing in a baby. What was the movement in chest? Sleep apnea?

Yesterday while checking on my 3 months baby I couldn t see any signs of breathing . So I nudged him and called his name, still wouldn t wake up. I paniked and carried him from his crib to my room - he felt lifeless- and started to remove his pjs, then I saw a slight movement in his chest . I nudged him again and again but wouldn t wake up but he was breathing. Took him to the emergency at the hospital and they told me that everything is normal an he was in deep sleep. I m terrified that he had sleep apnea and we discovered it at the right time, can it be? What can I do to prevent this in the future? I follow all guidelines to prevent SIDS.
Asked On : Sun, 7 Oct 2012