No periods, sore breasts and cramps after taking fertomid. Pregnant?

Hi,am 38 female had two kids 18 and 6,I took fertomid 5-9cd,and periods normal 28days every month since I took the fertomid 28days later no periods and my breast r crampy and sore from the inside,I have a funny taste in my mouth and crave for chilli food or salty,can I be pregnant?am afraid to take pt incase am dissapointed.
Asked On : Sun, 27 Jan 2013
Sep 2013
Thanks for the query to H.C.M. Forum.
Fertomid i.e. clomifene is a most potent drug for ANOVULATORY INFERTILITY and this drug stimulate ovulation.
You took this drug at right time 5-9 days.
As you mentioned that there is cramping, breast sore ( tenderness) , craving for chilli food .
1 All these symptoms are an indication of pregnancy. Can be confirmed by home pregnancy test.
2 Tension may be the next reason of these symptoms .
3 Hormonal imbalance also develops such type of symptoms . Diagnosis can be confirmed by assessment of estrogen , progesterone level.
In my opinion first of all get in home pregnancy test .
If no pregnancy then consult a gynecologist .
Good luck. Dr. HET