No periods post getting off depo, swelling, severe weight gain, breakout on face, negative pregnancy test. Any insights?

I was on depot shots for a year. I was supposed to get my last injection on Oct. 2nd but missed it. Since then I still haven t had a period (which is strange because I bled a lot while on depo) and I have noticed swelling and tremendous weight gain (atleast 10 pounds in last 2 months) and recently my face started breaking out, which never happens. I ve taken numerous pregnancy tests (last one about 3 weeks ago) and they re all negative. Any insight?
Asked On : Mon, 28 Jan 2013
Hi, Welcome to Health care magic forum.
It appears that due to the levels of the harmons in the blood are maintained bi the depo shots , so far, but as you missed it the harmons have come down and show the symptoms.
As there was excess bleeding during previous periods due to the shot, anemia would have developed, and caused the changes.
I advise you to consult a gynecologist for diagnosis and treatment.
Wishing for a good luck. Thank you.