No periods from 3 months. Abdomen, pelvic test normal. Taking cycloreg 5 mg. Will it effect my health?

Hi sir, I m didn t get the periods last three months.i consult a doctor,she is done a USG TEST -Whole abdomen including pelvis test ,then after result is normol.she told next one week afetr one more time try it urine test in home.that time result is negative.then afetr you take CYCLOREG 5MG Tabulates daily 3times u can use .it will be use no problem for health.plaese tell me sir
Asked On : Sun, 30 Dec 2012
Hello and welcome to Healthcare Magic. Thanks for your query.

Cycloreg is a tablet which contains the synthetic form of the female hormone, progesterone - Norethisterone. It is frequently prescribed for inducing menstrual bleeding.

Irregular periods and delayed periods can often be due to a condition called dysfunctional uterine bleeding. In such cases, hormonal tablets are prescribed to induce periods or regularize periods. Since your ultrasound of the abdomen and pelvis is normal, this rules out any other gynecological problems like a polycystic ovarian disease.

It is safe to use Cycloreg tablets, and you will get your periods after completing the course of the tablets (it actually induces withdrawal bleeding). In a very minor percentage of people it can cause some side effects like headache, nausea, diarrhoea, flushing, palpitations, heavy bleeding or allergic reactions. In case, you have any significant side effects, then you have to report them to your doctor immediately.

Wish you all the best.

Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar