No periods after stopping birth control pills. Is it ok to take birth control again to start periods?

Hi, i am 32 yrs old mother of 1. I used birthcontrol pills for 6 months and after stopping it in nov 2011, i am not having my periods is almonst 6months now. i went to doc and he did some blood test for thyroid . all came negative..doc prescribed me again birthcontrol pill for 2 months..he said if my period will not come back then i have to go for hormone therapy is it ok to go again for birthcontrol pill to start my period again??? i am so confused..pls help me...
Asked On : Fri, 3 Aug 2012