No periods after laproscopy. Want to start IUI treatment. Reason?

Hye , Dr. Aniruddha i want to ask something about my oct my ivf doc did my laproscopy ...after that in the month of november my periods on same date...and this month means december my doc want to start the treatment for IUI ...but this time my periods didnt come....its 5 days late....and doc can take the patients before 9 dec (bcz of christmas).....i didnt get it why my periods didnt come yet....i ll be really appriciated to you.....thnx
Asked On : Wed, 12 Dec 2012