No periods after abortion. Taking birth control pills. Brownish vaginal discharge. Should I be worried?

I have 3 children. I had a termination 17 weeks ago and haven t yet had a period. (a worry in itself) I saw my GP about 6 weeks ago and he advised it would soon come and a preg test was negative. I am on the pill and wanting to change protection ASAP. We have been careful mostly using condoms also but on occasion not backed up. Now I have experienced a dark brown glue type clumps when I wipe my vagina . Is all of this normal or should I be concerned?
Asked On : Sat, 11 Aug 2012