No periods. Had dysfunctional uterine bleeding. What is wrong?

im 51 I have not had my ... in 14 month the last one was on 10- 7- 11 I bleed for 3month this happen 3 more times befor I went to the er on 1-29-11 I was anemia 258.9aa and diagnosed dysfunctional uterine bleeding (626 8C now its doing it again my ? is if im going through menopause then why im bleeding like this I can use a box of tampon of 20 a day with pads I have big blood colts I cant do any thing like standing up with out it rashing nout of me whats wrong
Asked On : Wed, 20 Mar 2013