No periods. Brownish spotting. Any suggestions?

I think I had my period today but two days ago when I woke up my underwear was brown I thought it was nothing so I woke up today and there was brown stuff on my underwear and today when I was wiping my vagina because it felt like stuff was coming out I saw blood and wiped two more times and saw blood? But I haven t been bleeding anymore did I start my period?
Asked On : Sun, 17 Feb 2013
Hello ma'am.

A brownish discharve could be the sign of either of the following conditions: infections, an approaching period, a hormonal imbalance or a miscarriage. I would advice you to visit your doctor and get examined for the same, as it would be difficult to assess your condition from an online consultation.

Hope this helps.

Best wishes.