No menstruation, noticed bleeding suddenly. IS CT scan necessary ?

Hi doctor, I m asking for my mom. She s in her late 60 s, she has stopped menstruating for 20 years already, but recently she noticed some bleeding . First she notice a small amount, then after seven days she noticed some more; this time she saturated a couple of tissues. She didn t notice any other symptoms at that time. She also haven t notice any further bleeding for about ten days now. She did go see a OB-GYN, the doctor checked her out and didn t noticed anything, but wanted her to get a CT scan . Doctor, can you tell me what my mom s condition could be and if a CT scan is necessary? Thank you so much AAAA
Asked On : Fri, 1 Mar 2013