No excess acid in stomach, no h.pylori, no ulcer. Still having symptoms. Slight inflammation during colonoscopy. Suggestions?

Hi i am looking for a second opinion really - i have these symptoms: burning feeling in upper abdomen, burping all the time, discomfort in chest, sometimes feel like something stuck in throat, frequent indigestion, radiates to arm, sometimes a sharp pain in the stomach and sore to breathe - can only do short breaths, lack of sleep, once eaten feel uncomfortable and quickly full, bloated. I have been given lanzoprazol - which helps to manage it but only if take 30mg per day - can still feel it but bearable.I do not have excess acid in stomach, no helibactor pylori, no ulcer . CT scan & endoscopy all normal. Barium meal normal to doctor i saw although no results through apart from word of mouth from him. Colonoscopy found slight inflammation which have been prescribed mesren for 3 months. no alcohol - if drink, burns stomach.
Asked On : Sat, 26 Jan 2013
Pathologist and Microbiologist 's  Response
hi there, you might be suffering from gastric reflux disease in which the esophageal sphincter is lax causing food to regurgitate from the stomach especially in a recombeant postition, First of all you need to lose weight if you are over weight as it is commonly seen in obese people, next you need to make minor changes in your life style. TRy eating small meals preferably less in fat and spices at frequent intervals, next always give a gap of 1-2 hrs between your bed time and your supper. Take a stroll if possible after your meal. Do not lie down immediately after any meal. You may use metoclopramide tablets which increase the sphincter tone to reduce reflux along with your antacid and other medication prescribed by your doctor. Hope these help. Take care.